When the word AGING is mentioned most people run the other direction. I guess it really depends on how old you are as to your reaction to the word. No matter how old you are, here are some suggestions to do it well!
10 tips for healthy aging
1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them -- that is why you pay them.
2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
3. Keep learning. Never let the brain idle.
4. Enjoy the simple things.
5. Laugh often, long and loud.
6. Tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life is ourselves.
7. Surround yourself with what you love, whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
8. Cherish your health. If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
9. Don't take guilt trips. Travel to the mall or to see a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is.
10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.
* Tips from About.com website on their Senior Living page. These tips reflect our need, at any age, to stay active socially, intellectually and physically.