DOWNLOAD EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
Please submit completed applications, specifying the job you are interested in to Human Resources or send via fax (386)238-9028 or US mail to: COA HR, 420 Fentress Blvd., Daytona Beach, FL 32114
Current job openings:
Council on Aging of Volusia County, Inc. is looking for a talented, dedicated and career-minded individual to be a Case Manager to our elderly population. Responsibilities include assessing client needs, providing them with a single entry point into the Community Care system and monitoring the effectiveness of services that are provided. A four-year degree in a related field is required. Field experience is greatly preferred.
This position is based out of our Daytona Beach office with the territory covered being parts of Volusia County. Reliable transportation is a MUST. Candidates will be required to have a Level 2 FBI background screening/fingerprint check, FDLE check, drug screen, TB test completed and have stellar references.
There's a preference for the individual in this role to be bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Upon receipt of an intake for, or via direct contact, screens client and performs a comprehensive client assessment to identify problems and immediate needs of the client, summarizes strengths and functional limitations, and client’s ability to cope with limitations.
- Develops care plan in conjunction with the client, the client’s family or physician, and other persons, obtaining the concurrence and signature of the client and/or caregiver.
- Arranges services and coordinates service delivery in the home. Communicates with appropriate departments within the agency as well as utilizes community resources effectively.
REQUIRED SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor's degree required; valid driver's license and consistent access to a vehicle is required; 1-2 years of related experience and/or training required.
PROGRAMS MANAGER, GUARDIANSHIP
The Programs Manager, Guardianship assists in implementing and managing all administrative components of the Guardianship program and will serve as the main internal point person. The Programs Manager plays a crucial role in the implementation of new workflows, processes and procedures for the Guardianship program.
- Manage the daily administration of Guardianship services and procedures such as but not limited to: scheduling appointments via outlook calendar for office staff, contacting providers, composing email and letter correspondence, reading and routing incoming mail, electronic filing correspondence and other records.
- Manage the internal process for private pay billing by coordinating with the Financial Services Specialists within the Guardianship Department and the Finance department.
- Manage the financial process of the Guardianship department such as but not limited to: execute payment of Guardianship client and/or department incurred liabilities including rent, medication, supply orders, insurance, pest control, taxes, etc. Monitor client accounts to ensure appropriate balances are maintained.
- Maintain a positive and professional relationship with facilities, attorneys, courts and any other agencies Council on Aging deals with; ensure all records of Petitions and Orders from the Courts for Guardianship clients are properly maintained and adhered to.
- Manage the process for Guardianship clients, such as but not limited to: preparing initial paperwork and notifications for all guardianship cases to facilities/organizations; creating electronic files, identifying all income and liabilities, creating new online accounts, inventory property, evaluating insurance plans, placing online shopping orders, medication refills, durable medical equipment, etc.
- Assist the Senior VP of Guardianship with various administrative needs including, handling client issues/needs, and/or necessary errands, reconcile petty cash and process monthly credit card bill.
- Maintain property of Guardianship clients for safekeeping, as needed. Ensure items are properly inventoried, organized and maintained in Guardianship storage facility, safe deposit box, etc.
REQUIRED SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
SUBSTITUTE SITE COORDINATORS
Are you interested in working on an on-call basis? Do you have a flexible schedule? Do you enjoy working with seniors? COA is hiring Substitute Site Coordinators. A Substitute Site Coordinator will fill in for Dining Site and/or Senior Center Coordinators when they are out for vacation or illness. The Substitute Coordinators will assist with our Congregate and MOW meal programs and/or with activities at our Senior Centers. Subs are paid for their hours worked and mileage.
EXPERIENCED CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANTS and HOME HEALTH AIDES
Join our team of career-minded CNAs and HHAs! Enjoy making a difference in the lives of our clients and their family members! You will be valued!
Various work schedules are available, and mileage is paid between clients’ homes. All applicants undergo FBI fingerprint background screenings. Must have driver’s license and auto insurance. We offer a competitive hourly rate.
**Inquire about a special bonus offered to CNAs and HHAs**
**EEO/M/F/D/V - DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE**
Join the team of the BEST homecare company in Volusia County!