Council on Aging of Volusia County is a 54-year-old non-profit that provides critical services to some of the most vulnerable seniors in our east Central Florida community. Awarded “Nonprofit of the Year” by the Daytona Regional Chamber of Commerce in 2018, one of the “Best Places to Work” by the Daytona Beach News-Journal in 2019, and “Best of the Best” in Elder Care Services by News-Journal readers in 2019 and 2020 (and honored as a finalist in 2021), COA employs approximately 100 full-time staff, most of whom work throughout Volusia County. We believe that our greatest strength is found in our employees; therefore, we recruit quality individuals, helping them grow in a cooperative and professional environment.
*Public Student Loan Forgiveness: Employment at our organization may qualify you for federal student loan forgiveness programs. We do not directly pay for--nor forgive--federal student loans; however, our status as a non-profit organization under Section 501 (c) (3) makes us an eligible employer. There may be other determining factors for one to qualify. Please follow this link to review one such program and their requirements: Student Loan Forgiveness
DOWNLOAD EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION
Please submit completed applications, specifying the job you are interested in to Human Resources or send via fax (386)238-9028 or US mail to: COA HR, 420 Fentress Blvd., Daytona Beach, FL 32114
Current job openings:
The Case Manager is responsible for assessing client needs and providing a single-entry point into the Community Care system. Case Managers are expected to continually monitor the effectiveness of the services being provided. Case Managers must possess the drive and internal motivation to work autonomously.
- Upon receipt of an intake request or direct contact for services, meet with individuals in their homes to complete assessments and provide coordination of services to improve or maintain the member’s independence and quality of life.
- Performs a comprehensive client assessment to identify problems and immediate needs; including summarizing the client’s strengths and functional limitations, and client’s ability to cope with limitations.
- Develops care plan in conjunction with the client, the client’s family or physician, and other persons, obtaining the concurrence and signature of the client and/or caregiver.
- Arranges services and coordinates service delivery in the home. Communicates with appropriate departments within the agency as well as utilizing community resources effectively.
- Performs consultations via phone conversations, office visits, and/or home visits.
- Conducts regular home visits to monitor status of clients living at home, in assisted living, and long-term care facilities.
- Maintain relationships with clients, their supports, and with acute and primary care providers to ensure the best possible health outcomes for members.
- Coordinates functional and social supports to promote member independence and mitigate risk.
- Maintains case notes, reports, service data, referral histories and assessments for all assigned clients.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required; valid driver’s license and consistent access to a vehicle required; one-two years of related experience and/or training.
Due to the sensitive nature and financial responsibilities of this position, applicants MUST be able to pass a Level 2 FBI background screening/fingerprint check, FDLE check, and drug test.
SUBSTITUTE SITE COORDINATORS
Are you interested in working on an on-call basis? Do you have a flexible schedule? Do you enjoy working with seniors? COA is hiring Substitute Site Coordinators. A Substitute Site Coordinator will fill in for Dining Site and/or Senior Center Coordinators when they are out for vacation or illness. The Substitute Coordinators will assist with our Congregate and MOW meal programs and/or with activities at our Senior Centers. Subs are paid for their hours worked and mileage.
EXPERIENCED CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANTS and HOME HEALTH AIDES
Join our team of career-minded CNAs and HHAs! Enjoy making a difference in the lives of our clients and their family members! You will be valued!
Various work schedules are available, and mileage is paid between clients’ homes. All applicants undergo FBI fingerprint background screenings. Must have driver’s license and auto insurance. We offer a competitive hourly rate.
**Inquire about a special bonus offered to CNAs and HHAs**
**EEO/M/F/D/V - DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE**
Join the team of the BEST homecare company in Volusia County!